The American Chestnut Foundation depends primarily upon its members to support research to develop a blight-resistant American chestnut tree. Your annual membership fee supports breeding and education efforts on the local and national level. When you join The American Chestnut Foundation, you have joint membership in both the national organization and your local chapter.
- A subscription to Chestnut magazine, published 3x/year
- A TACF car sticker
- Membership in one of our state chapters: AL, CT, GA, IN, KY, MA/RI, MD, ME, NC/SC, NY, OH, PA/NJ, TN, VA, VT/NH, WV
- Access to expert advice on growing and caring for American chestnut trees
- Opportunities to participate in local breeding and research activities
- An invitation to TACF’s Annual Fall Meeting
As a Pennsylvania or New Jersey resident, you will also automatically gain membership in our state chapter, PA/NJ TACF.
Our members receive:
- The Chestnut Tree, our bi-annual print newsletter
- If you provide an email you will receive our monthly eNewsletter with timely updates.
- Invitations to annual spring and fall member meetings, held at various locations throughout Pennsylvania
- Opportunities to participate in local breeding and research activities, festivals and speaking engagements on behalf of the chapter
To become a member, download the TACF membership new membership form, or join online through the TACF membership website. You may also contact Judy at the national office, 828-281-0047 to pay over the phone. Contact Jean at the PA Chapter office, 814-863-7192 if you have questions about membership in the PA/NJ Chapter.