New members who join this month will be automatically entered to win 6 pints of ice cream from the Penn State Berkey Creamery, shipped to their home. We will contact the winning member to confirm address and date for shipment. This prize is a gift from a generous member, to encourage new members. Follow this link to check out the great flavors at the Penn State Berkey Creamery!
Help Save the American Chestnut Tree
The mission of The American Chestnut Foundation (TACF) is to return the iconic American chestnut tree (Castanea dentata) to its native range. Using a full toolbox of approaches, our overall goal is to restore an entire forest ecosystem. In the process, TACF hopes to create a template for restoration of other tree and plant species threatened by non-native pests and pathogens.
All members will receive:
- A subscription to Chestnut magazine, published three times a year
- Membership in your local state chapter
- Expert advice on growing and caring for American chestnut trees
- Opportunities to volunteer in local breeding and research activities
- Special access to annual wild American chestnut seedling sale
If you prefer to mail your donation, click here to download a printable membership form to include with your gift.